IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elisabeth here...

5 posters

Go down

Elisabeth here... Empty A warm welcome.

Post by knorrasky Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 pm

I write sci/fi disguised as fantasy with a touch of romance and a bit of history… Laughing
Glad to have you here.
I have been away from here for a while working on the publishing end of the guild.

As for what writers you like or do not like, we do not hold a grudge as long as you don’t
decide that any of us suck… too bad.
knorrasky
knorrasky
Admin
Admin

http://www.knorrasky.com

Back to top Go down

Elisabeth here... Empty Re: Elisabeth here...

Post by wargood Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Welcome Elisabeth! I also started life as a SF guy, but I love to write both. No law says you gotta like Tolkein or Wagner.
Many of the greats past and present have borrowed (sounds nicer than 'hijacked', or am I just euphemising?) from both history and myth and created new stories loved by millions. When I first read Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series, I thought he had borrowed (hijacked) too much from Arthurian legend, but it was still a great read.
We won't be able to help you control your characters, but we can help give you an outlet for their plots and adventures. If you wanted to control them, you shouldn't have come to us. No junkie gets clean and sober in a crack-house!
Looking forward to meeting your characters!

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by gezza Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

Welcome to the fold, Elisabeth! Things are a bit in a hiatus at the moment because we are furiously making sure our publishing wing gets a solid start, but be patient with us! Glad you joined us!

Gez
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegray Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 am

Guest wrote:I enjoy fantasy as a genre, yet am only beginning to write in it. I have two or three short stories in sci-fiction/fantasy on another site. My characters are trying to take me over, so a little help with controlling them would be appreciated. One is the bane of my life and keeps needling me to write more about him and how magnificent he is. tongue

This may make you throw me out before I'm even past the lobby - I don't like Tolkein or Wagner. I dabble in the area of the Icelandic Myths and Legends, especially the Poetic and Prose Eddas, and these two guys hi-jacked some of the Sagas and made a mess of them.

If you want, go to Northvegr.org - there's lots of food for thought there Smile

That's about me - oh, nearly forgot - I'm a Little Old Lady Razz

Who's Wagner? =P.
Bluegray
Bluegray
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkAvenger Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 am

Welcome Elisabeth!

I write fantasy-sci-fi too, so don't worry about it. Plus, two of my oldest characters have set up camp permanently in my head, so that's nothing to worry about either.
TheDarkAvenger
TheDarkAvenger
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by gezza Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome Elisabeth, and no-one will hate you for your particular tastes. We are not a big group but we are eclectic. I have read some of your work and I know you are genuine - I have invited you to Level 1.

Things are a smidgeon quiet because we have been ramping up our business wing - IFWGPublishing. all is going well, but I think we will soon return to our noisy selves. We especially like our monthly writing challenges. Please do join in!

(I also have a soft spot for anyone who lives in Australia)

cheers

Gerry
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Elisabeth here... Empty Elisabeth here...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:30 pm

I enjoy fantasy as a genre, yet am only beginning to write in it. I have two or three short stories in sci-fiction/fantasy on another site. My characters are trying to take me over, so a little help with controlling them would be appreciated. One is the bane of my life and keeps needling me to write more about him and how magnificent he is. tongue

This may make you throw me out before I'm even past the lobby - I don't like Tolkein or Wagner. I dabble in the area of the Icelandic Myths and Legends, especially the Poetic and Prose Eddas, and these two guys hi-jacked some of the Sagas and made a mess of them.

If you want, go to Northvegr.org - there's lots of food for thought there Smile

That's about me - oh, nearly forgot - I'm a Little Old Lady Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum