IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of the Titans

5 posters

Go down

Clash of the Titans Empty Clash of the Titans

Post by mysticat Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am

We just saw this one last week too. Terrible. There were so many characters and critters that none of them were developed well. Even the romance was lousy. The hubby and I were terribly disappointed in it.

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Clash of the Titans Empty Re: Clash of the Titans

Post by gezza Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 am

not surprising - and disappointed that my expectations were met. Why, oh why, spend so much money on production to do this?
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wargood Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am

Beginning to wonder if there's any imagination left in Hollywood: everything is a remake or a sequel. But just when I'm about to lose hope, something like Avatar comes along (not that I've seen it, but it WAS new).

Then my hopes get dashed with crap like the newest Robin Hood. Like the original legend, like Russel Crowe; but how much more can they butcher the story? RH was a Saxon folk hero, a thorn in the side of the Normans, right? So how could he be friends with a king during the Crusades? I mean hey, there were only a few hundred years between, so he could have still been alive right?

They say a little education should enhance one's life, but I think it just lets me see a little more clearly how f-d up things really are! Grumble grumble, not feeling well...

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkAvenger Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 am

As a Brit, I am embarrassed and annoyed about Russell Crowe being chosen for Robin Hood. He looks NOTHING LIKE Robin Hood. If you've ever read the stories, you'd know. Plus, he's rubbish.
TheDarkAvenger
TheDarkAvenger
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticat Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm

I have to say he probably makes a better RH than Kevin Costner and his semi-British/Californian accent. Though, I think Cary Elwes was probably my all time favorite in "Robin Hood, Men in Tights". "Unlike some Robin Hoods, I can speak with a British accent." Laughing

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by knorrasky Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 am

"Though, I think Cary Elwes was probably my all time favorite in "Robin Hood, Men in Tights". "Unlike some Robin Hoods, I can speak with a British accent"

Yes that was the best.

As for Titans. I too was disappointed. The effects were great but the story line fell short.

Yes Hollywood is into regurgitating well known stories year after year. I expect it is fear of failure that pushes most of them in this direction. In a time when it takes a million dollars to get an actor to interview they are cautious about making a new fresh movie for fear of a flop.
knorrasky
knorrasky
Admin
Admin

http://www.knorrasky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum