IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiya!

5 posters

Go down

Hiya! Empty Re: Hiya!

Post by wargood Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Spell checker caught Klingons but it missed Tre[c]k?

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkAvenger Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 am

Singing won't break this perfect brand!!!
TheDarkAvenger
TheDarkAvenger
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by gezza Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Mysticat, you will get an email soon allowing you to join Level 1. Due to weirdness of the wetpaint site, I have to temporarily drop shields, so watch out guys for Klingon disrupters. (by the way, this auto spell checker accepted 'Klingons' - wow, talk about permeating effects of Star Treck!)
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

TheDarkAvenger wrote:your beautiful approval stamp Val! *admires forehead*

Glad you like! I patterned it after those reversible images from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. You know, the ones that read the same upside down and right side up. So if you're upside down in front of the mirror, the people holding you by your ankles can still read how awesome you are.

jocolor

Unless mysticat's singing breaks it. tongue
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticat Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 am

*sings, but terribly out-of-tune* I'd like to seeeee Level Onnnneeee pirat

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkAvenger Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:17 am

Hey mysticat! I'm Ez, or The Dark Avenger (everyone calls me DA). I'm very impressed at your resume... and your beautiful approval stamp Val! *admires forehead*
TheDarkAvenger
TheDarkAvenger
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by gezza Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi there Mysticat! Very glad you joined us. We have another level to this site (until we make the big push for a fully integrated Guild and Publishing site). This other site (Level 1) is private in order to protect first publishing rights in discussions etc, apart from other reasons.

If you are interested, just sing out.
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wargood Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Welcome Mysticat! I guess we'll have to stop sniping at romance writers, once we see some of your stuff and find out that it's good. Oh well, I guess we can still keep trashing the Potter and Twilight storylines.

On the ideas and tips department, we're here to help, and we're looking forward to your ideas and tips, too.

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticat Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

The ones getting published are just short stories/novellas so far and Midnight Showcase is publishing those. I'm just now starting on a novel idea. Not sure I have one in me, but we'll see. The shorter ones are much more doable for me at the moment Smile

I'm working on the character descriptions with the Snowflake method. I think that will help with unfolding my characters, but also am working on a traditional outline to get my plot going.

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm

That's awesome. I'll have to take a look at your first novel when it comes out. Who's publishing it for you?

The Guild has its own publishing department now, in case you want something different for your next novel. I'm highly pleased with the interaction and service they're providing for me. *stamps approval on everyone's forehead* cheers

It's cool that you say you're writing your next novel based on a character in your previous novels. Am I the only person who doesn't feel that pull? scratch I always seem to get totally different world-ideas when inspiration strikes me again.

How are you liking the Snowflake so far? I used it for NaNo, but sort of changed a couple steps up in the middle. I really liked the first two or three steps; that's the sort of prep that I never did before, and, well, it showed. Razz

What I didn't enjoy was that there was no room for worldbuilding. I had to do that separately. I found a site where you make your own world in 7 days, and that worked well enough, I suppose.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticat Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:21 am

The first three are called "A Ranger's Tale", "Let There Be Love", and "Serenya's Song". They are not really a trilogy per se, but are all based in the same fantasy world, and all tie in a character from the others, but they can each stand alone as their own tale.

"The Menagerie" that I wrote for Storywrite actually includes a very minor character that entered at the end of Serenya's Song. I was able to further develop the world like I had not in the first three, thanks to your lessons. I even drew out a map Smile The one I'm writing now is also based in that same world, with yet another minor character from Serenya's Song. I'm hoping to have a whole series of these.

I just started outlining a potential novel as well, partially using the Snowflake Method. I'm still in the planning stages so far and not sure how strong my plot is going to be, but it will involve an ancient vampire that gets dragged into a vampire war that she never wanted to be part of.

My children's story of course is a totally different genre, but if I have any luck, I may be able to make a series of those too.

Whenever your book comes out, I'm grabbing me a copy Smile

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 am

Hi, mysticat, you came over! Good to see you.

I'm pretty sure you didn't tell me you had a trilogy getting published. That's super! Er, the publishing, not the not-telling. Razz What are they called?

I'm glad you decided to come take a look. Good luck again with the book agent. Children's mystery books, eh? That sounds awesome!
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Hiya! Empty Hiya!

Post by mysticat Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 am

Hiya everyone! I'm Mysticat. Valkyrie suggested your site. I had the privelege to meet her over on Storywrite.com and passed her fantasy writing class there. I'm a 33 year old full time wife and mama of three.

Long ago, one of my first loves was reading and writing. Then I decided to study science and got a degree in biology. Just this past year, I rediscovered my old love and began writing fantasy romantic suspense stories. The first one was inspired by a character I created on Everquest 2. I re-adapted that one and wrote two more. I submitted them to a small e-publisher, and much to my surprise and delight, they liked them. The first one will be published this spring.

I decided I wanted more of that, so I'm writing and loving it. Yesterday, I submitted a children's mystery story to a children's book agent--crossing my fingers for a positive response or at least something beyond a form rejection letter Smile I also finished chapter two of a fifth fantasy romance story involving dragons. I love fantasy, romance, mystery, sci-fi,some horror, and a mix of them as well. I'm always on the lookout for writing ideas and tips, so here I am!

mysticat
warming up
warming up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum