IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching for work...feelings of being an alien

4 posters

Go down

Searching for work...feelings of being an alien Empty Searching for work...feelings of being an alien

Post by OGO Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 am

My Friends, I have been looking for work, a day job, in the realm of Mundania, where it's all crappy and boring. It seems that, after 25 years in the market, whatever job I get is about as interesting as washing dishes. Will never be able to figure that one out...where are the adventures, the romances, the quests and fine castles...I suppose, with my mind like it is, I'm more the inhabitant of some far off fantasy world, a true citizen of not-around-here. The World Of Mundania! What rotten luck. If anyone has any ideas about what I could do to make cash, fire away, I am thinking of passing the unemployment period by making more armour. My sword club is failing to attract any members...despite me spending my last resources on that. LuLu is a chronic fail and no one even takes free downloads. So I do feel that, whatever I try, despite getting to a reasonable level, nothing ever goes anywhere or makes anything...perhaps it's because fans of fantasy genre are in fact, otherworldly beings that are sort of rejected by the gods of Mundania. Monday, 'Munday' is oblioussly their holy-day. ??? LOL. Best wishes and Furg-gnar-ribboscroth to all!
OGO
OGO
warming up
warming up

http://stores.lulu.com/turrismagna

Back to top Go down

Searching for work...feelings of being an alien Empty Re: Searching for work...feelings of being an alien

Post by gezza Thu May 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Friend OGO

With regards to your novels, suggest you join in the upper levels of this site - KS has progressed beyond any of us with respect to getting some exposure, and knows many tricks of the trade.

With regard to mundania - how about a security guard - perhaps on the graveyard shift? Might be times for thinking and dreaming up new plotlines!

cheers

Gez
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Searching for work...feelings of being an alien Empty Re: Searching for work...feelings of being an alien

Post by wargood Fri May 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Perhaps a bouncer at a night club? You're a big dude, which is usually what they want. You won't get much writing done there, but you'll certainly meet some characters! And, it's actually far safer than say, night clerk at a convenience store. There are also the driving jobs: long-haul truckers are paid the best, and travel isn't as mundane as an office job...

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by knorrasky Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm

OGO If you want to join the upper levels of the guild just ask. All fees are waved in your case. You contribute much.

As for selling books.

1. Join us in the upper levels of the IFWG!

2. Get on Twitter!

3. Join AuthorsDen.com.

4. Never use LuLu! The name sends readers running.

5. Upload all your stories to Kindle and set the price $0.99.

6. Enter your book in contests.

You will sell books. There is much more to this and I have written about it in the upper levels.
knorrasky
knorrasky
Admin
Admin

http://www.knorrasky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gezza Wed May 27, 2009 6:33 am

KS - refer to my recent conversation point in the Admin level.
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum