IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart Shaped Box - Joe Hill

Go down

Heart Shaped Box - Joe Hill Empty Heart Shaped Box - Joe Hill

Post by gezza Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Just finished reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill (he's Stephen King's son - a quick aside - he wanted to be a writer but didn't want to take advantage of his father's fame, so he used a pseudonym and didn't even tell his agent - something like 10 years later he gets the break with this novel).

I wont go into the plot in detail, but its about an aging rock star who collects weird things. He buys a used suit which came in a heart shaped box, claiming to come with a ghost - it sure did, and the plot rolls from there.

I think the story started a bit slow, and in fact I left it half way for a few months. Then I decided to finish it and got riveted to it. The second half was fast paced, revealing a much more interesting plotline, and tied it all together really well. The ending was heart-racing. Shame about the beginning.

I am sure he will never claim it, but he does have a bit of Stephen King in him - style wise, perhaps even in plot.

I recommend this - ultimately it is a good read.
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum