IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems

4 posters

Go down

Problems Empty Re: Problems

Post by TheDarkAvenger Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:13 am

Or you can just do a bit of daydreaming. If I'm stuck with a chapter I'll daydream about it for half an hour, make notes and then get stuck in.
TheDarkAvenger
TheDarkAvenger
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by wargood Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Been there OGO, more than once and most recently last month! What fixed me was checking on some of the oldest chapters, and finding that they were last modified years ago! But... that also discouraged me a bit.
Don't force it: You can a) let yourself throw some 'vomit' on the page-it can always be tweaked later, or b) try reading something off-topic and out of genre. My wife likes legal novels- I grabbed one and read it through. It was Grisham- he ain't Tolkien but he is a best-seller, and soon I found myself wondering how I would have written it. That was the kick in the turbo I needed.

wargood
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Back to top Go down

Post by knorrasky Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 pm

OGO, I think we have all dealt with it.
Are you part of level 1 yet? On level 1 there section called new writers workshop. In that section you will find many ideas from our members. I think there are even more sections on this in other levels. Don't be put off by the title new writers workshop, within this section there are subjects that all writers can benefit from.
Start there and let us help you get back on track!
knorrasky
knorrasky
Admin
Admin

http://www.knorrasky.com

Back to top Go down

Problems Empty Problems

Post by OGO Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 am

Hello Guys
I have my fingers in a lot of puddings but they have streamlined down a little now. What does upset me and make me very angry with myself is that after a year and a half of shift work, where I couldn't do a stitch of work in my many projects, now that the shift work is over with, I just sit around unable to read, write or do anything constructive. I can't snap out of it and even when I get to picking up some reading material or sit down and re-read my novel, I'm powerless to advance it.

Does anyone know of any strategies for study or writing that I could try?
OGO
OGO
warming up
warming up

http://stores.lulu.com/turrismagna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum