IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFWG
Please note the message on the home page about this site being closed.
IFWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have found food for thought from some...

2 posters

Go down

I have found food for thought from some... Empty Re: I have found food for thought from some...

Post by gezza Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 am

Hi there! Welcome to your site!

Interesting and in some cases even controversial. Hmm plot - I think Stephen King is one of the best plot-meisters in the business!

Gez
gezza
gezza
Admin
Admin

http://gerryhuntman.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

I have found food for thought from some... Empty I have found food for thought from some...

Post by Skip454 Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 am

Most recent is Stephen King and a few ideas he said that I try to follow....

No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside.

Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule.

I distrust plot for two reasons: first, because our lives are largely plotless, even when you add in all our reasonable precautions and careful planning; and second, because I believe plotting and the spontaneity of real creation aren't compatible.

Others that I find have added tidbits to my life...

DC Comics of the 50's and 60's. Complete stories that allowed the imagination to roam untethered.

Mark Twain; Asimov; Tennyson; Louis L'Amour; and a few others pass though the mind as having done enjoyable or memorable work with descriptives or styles I wish I could emulate.

Skip454

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum